Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Whats that thing on your bodyyy!!!!!!

I really thought that I would write my next blog exactly one year after the first one. But then, things took such a strange turn that I am falling into an abyss of boredom and out of it I found a topic to blog (as you read along you will read this word as brag) about.

Sometime back I was watching this show on discovery channel about some tribes in amazon. One common thing about all the tribesmen was that their bodies were heavily loaded with body art. When I say body art I mean, body piercing, tattoos etc. Probably they did not use the latest pigments so the tattoos were not as colorful as we would see on the faces of some rock stars. But still, I found them beautiful and this spurred me to do some research (Ok..read this is as google search) on tattoos. And trust me, I did not read much as I was so impressed with some of the images that I instead started researching on the best tattoo artist in Hyderabad.

After one week of questioning and calling I finally arrived at Envy tattoos and body art. Now the question was what would be the tattoo? This triggered the thought why a tattoo? Just coz its looking beautiful now?? Dude!!! whats beautiful today may not be beautiful tomorrow. So think again. So I was thinking hard as to why people get tattooed permanently. Well, reasons vary from person to person. A Ramaiah might get tattooed coz its a custom in his village, a Rambo might get tattooed to show off his attitude, a Rocky might get tattooed to show his loyalty to someone (a band or his girlfriend), a Ram can get tattooed just for fun. So there is nothing wrong in getting tattooed for fun, but make sure that you chose a design which you are going to love for your entire lifetime.

So now I land on the expedition to find out the right design for myself. Really guys, this was no tough decision. I am such an egotist that the design was easy to arrive on. A celtic sun with an "S" at its center. I know one thing that I am going to love forever is myself, so the choice was absolutely safe. Cool!! design done, designer done. Now, Nike.

So one fine day, I call up Envy tattooes to fix an appointment. And whoa!!! there are enough people in Hyderabad who get tattooed everyday. Why do I say that? I get an appointment for 3 hours only after one week!! All the same, appointment also done.

Not caring for a mild fever, I arrive at envy tattooes on time on the D-day. I was so excited and sure about getting the tattoo done that I never bothered to find out the price. But as I walk into the office of the designer that's the top-most thing on my mind. And once all the petty details like design, size and location have been discussed and agreed upon, I ask Sameer (that's the artist's name) the price. Hold your breath (or at least I skipped one heart beat), he says, it will cost 800 bucks per square inch. And for the tattoo to look decent I need at least a 4X4 tattoo done. So that would cost me 11k. Ok, now lets not get into the sad state of my financial affairs. With a bit of bargaining and the ubiquitous EMI scheme, I go ahead with my plans.

It's not painful, believe me. But what is painful though, is to sit through the ordeal, without moving for solid 3 hours. The artist will first take a print of the design and trace it onto an oil paper. Once the design is on the oil paper, he will just imprint onto the requierd body part by applying some vaseline on the area and pasting the oil paper there. A good artist will take care that the area under construction ( :) ) is well protected throughout the process from air-borne microorganisms. I won't go further into the technicalities of the process just to keep the length of the post under control.

Now, once the tattoo is done, the artist will wrap it in a poly-ethene cover to save it from microbes. Need to keep this for at least 6 to 8 hours to keep yourself infection-free. After you take out the wrap around, you need to wash it with lukewarm water and apply any anti-microbial ointment from time to time to keep the tattooed area infection free.

All said and done,I hope at least few of you who by mistake read the whole post might have felt eager to see my tattoo. It is still healing guys, will definitely put up the photo once it is ready for public viewing. (:D ).

Thanks for stopping by and reading through....

3 comments:

Girish said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Girish said...

well done dude....waiting to see the picture...

Ally said...

Hey Surya.....getting a tatto is cool.....do display ur tatoo on ur profile...